gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Models to share
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:30 am 

Here's my model as of 3/20/2016

Attachments:
Build2016_03_20_V97.zip [22.43 KiB]
Downloaded 743 times
Layout - Main.zip [5.68 KiB]
Downloaded 778 times
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:25 pm 

11/28/2016
here's a better version....I did some rewrites in the engine simulator and in the idle control code and it all works better now. open the model, open the layout then hit altR and it will "start", settle in to "idle" and responds nicely to the throttle pedal slider so it's fun on the PC. Yay :)

Attachments:
Engine_Sim_11_24_V97.zip [30.18 KiB]
Downloaded 737 times
Layout - Engine_Sim.zip [6.63 KiB]
Downloaded 806 times

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:03 pm 

Current as of 12-12-2016
- short pulse adder was global but should be per cylinder
-VE adjust was not adjusting VE
- changed VE y-axis to load in place of MAP
- corrected Error between submodel/saved data value cause 10X error in fuel pulse

Attachments:
Layout - 2016_12_12.zip [7.19 KiB]
Downloaded 833 times
Engine_Sim_12_12_V97_flow.zip [35.4 KiB]
Downloaded 791 times
Engine_Sim_12_12_V97.zip [31.52 KiB]
Downloaded 843 times

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:59 am 

Current as of 2017-01-04
This version ran my engine briefly but hasn't had much run testing.

Attachments:
Layout - 2017_01_04.zip [7.95 KiB]
Downloaded 831 times
Build_2017_01_11_a_V97.zip [32.74 KiB]
Downloaded 804 times

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:08 am 

Wow what a find very cool maybe this is the answer to some of the things the infinity is lacking

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:34 am 

Matt k wrote:
Wow what a find very cool maybe this is the answer to some of the things the infinity is lacking

Sorry it took me so long to approve your post :oops:

I had exactly the same thought when I stumbled across it. My engine is probably the worst possible test case as there are so many unknowns and I've had next to no time lately but...I'll get there......

I've honestly not looked at the AEM code becasue they have not actually released so I respect there choice and there property. I have looked at what is available like the manual and tuner and from that it's not very hard to figureout what the code is probably doing.

What are you thinking is missing in the AEM setup?

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:38 pm 

for me its simple things that I am 100% sure the infinity can do but they won't let you. I would like to be able to add 2 or 3 d user definable tables based on inputs to control timing rev limiter fueling. at this moment we have to use oil pressure as coolant pressure so if it lifts the head I can limit the motor and not blow a radiator hose or even blow up the radiator causing water under the tires causing the car to wreck. If oil pressure drops we might loose a motor but not the car (knock on wood ). I basically need the ability to take x y z parameters under x y z conditions and apply an outcome weather it be a low side output or hold back the motor via timing rev limit or fuel

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:50 pm 

Matt k wrote:
for me its simple things that I am 100% sure the infinity can do but they won't let you. I would like to be able to add 2 or 3 d user definable tables based on inputs to control timing rev limiter fueling. at this moment we have to use oil pressure as coolant pressure so if it lifts the head I can limit the motor and not blow a radiator hose or even blow up the radiator causing water under the tires causing the car to wreck. If oil pressure drops we might loose a motor but not the car (knock on wood ). I basically need the ability to take x y z parameters under x y z conditions and apply an outcome weather it be a low side output or hold back the motor via timing rev limit or fuel

Those kind of changes are very easy....if you have the model but AEM doesn't release theirs officially. You can see it using the ELconsole but its big and you'd hae to hurt for what you're after. Possible though.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:14 pm 

mk e wrote:
Matt k wrote:

Those kind of changes are very easy....if you have the model but AEM doesn't release theirs officially. You can see it using the ELconsole but its big and you'd hae to hurt for what you're after. Possible though.

Yes I can see it can be done and that's what bugs me the infinity could of been a great product but lack of support has been it's down fall. I'm not an engineer and nor do I have a great knowledge of code and how to use it.i could probly figure it out but it would take a good bit of time on my part and at this point I could just by an emtron or abatronic for the same price point and be done

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:38 pm 

Matt k wrote:
Yes I can see it can be done and that's what bugs me the infinity could of been a great product but lack of support has been it's down fall. I'm not an engineer and nor do I have a great knowledge of code and how to use it.i could probly figure it out but it would take a good bit of time on my part and at this point I could just by an emtron or abatronic for the same price point and be done

I've found that different ECUs do things differently...somethings I like, some I don't so its worth while to download the manual and anyhting else they let me to see how it works and how I like it before buying. I looked long and hard adaptronic before buying an infinity to replace the motec M150 I had and really liked but the cost of all the "upgrades" is was going to need to do what I wanted to do made me sick. I still sometime thing the adaptronic (I was looking at a e1280s) would be better at this or that and I've always like haltech stuff. And I keep messing with open souce ECU projects think this can be done a lot cheaper. Its not an easy choice for anyone.

I think the EL stuff is a good fit to me and I thing that in time there will be enough open modles to make it a good fit to many people.....but right now the models just aren't there and very few people can create a model from scratch so its of limited appeal. But if more peole find my forum and share stuff it will get there! Also EL is trying to create a model library so all to use...but it takes time.