gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NBO2 calibration
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:22 pm 

So I've been working on code all week that samples a sensor based on crank angle thinking I can use a NBO2 in the collector and assign a signal to each cylinder. My thought at the moment is that I can probably compare the output on the NB sensor in the group collets to the output of the WB in the bank collects to get a calibration factor to use the NB data for cylinder tuning even well away from stoich ..hmmmmm

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: NBO2 calibration
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:43 am 

So here's the layout for the NBO2 stuff. I think it came out pretty good....hopefully it work the way I think it will.

It's got the following inputs:
Widow - how many degrees you want to look at

open angle - when you want to open each window.

latency - degrees it takes from the open angle until you see the signal at the sensor at different rpm

Voltage to lambda conversion data....I like to keep things in lambda even if I'm lying to myself a bit with NB readings.

I was surprised how much work this was. The run the engine code is currently 235 lines, this added 190 more lines. Engine lab is set up to make normal engine stuff easy so a lot of thinking about what I wanted but not a lot of lines of code but this was a lot of thinking about what I wanted and how to make the code do it.

I still want to do something to calibrate to the bank WBO2 sensors....but this is good for now.

Attachments:
NBO2 layout.JPG
NBO2 layout.JPG [ 263.58 KiB | Viewed 8902 times ]

Post subject: Re: NBO2 calibration
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:07 pm 

I'm pondering just calling the average of all readings from each NBO2 equal to the WB reading and then scaling the individual readings. It wouldn't be exactly right but I'm thinking it would be close enough and maybe disable the feature if the cylinder to cylinder error exceeds say 10%.

maybe......