gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 220  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:59 am 

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been reading everyone of your posts since you started on FerrariChat, moved to another site, and finally to this site.

I sincerely hope that no gremlins pop up so that this event is a very, very happy early Christmas present.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:43 pm 

I tried resetting the TBs with feeler gauges this morning as a base sync while also playing with the ECU software to try to read them all....the feeler gauge method is pretty bad it turns out if my ECU programing is to be believed.

Attachments:
TB sync.JPG
TB sync.JPG [ 533.41 KiB | Viewed 2990 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:15 pm 

The gauges are to help sync the TBs, they read % error from TB12 which is where the actuator is attached so it is always 0. Here it is after I played with it a bit, not prefect but much better.
Attachment:
TB sync2.JPG
TB sync2.JPG [ 542.27 KiB | Viewed 2986 times ]

the graph below are the cylinder MAP reading that run the gauges....this looks to be working pretty well now so next run I will turn on the cylinder corrections and TBs sync'd or not each cylinder should get the same mixture.....at least that is how I THINK the code will work. With the TBs kind of matched now I should be able to get on with fixing the mixture.

Before this run I cleaned the plugs to get all the cylinders firing again and while they were out did a compression test..165-185 so not great but nothing is seated yet so it doesn't scare me yet.

I have a misfire function I'm playing with too....and it looks like its sort of working. It shows clean in the middle where I know for sure it was running well and lots of color at the end where for sure the plugs were again all loaded up and things were shutting down so helpful if not perfect I think. With the TBs kind of matched now and the misfire tool to tell me if I can trust the O2 readings I should be able to get on with fixing the mixture.

bottom graph is the 4 NBO2 sensor just kind of saying its pig rich except when there are misfires

Attachments:
misfire.JPG
misfire.JPG [ 333.33 KiB | Viewed 2986 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:34 pm 

Are the error gauges based on individual cylinder MAP readings?

EDIT: Errr... nevermind, I actually read the rest of your post :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:41 pm 

mk e wrote:
TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:
BoomShakaLaka!

Yes!

You've got to be pretty close too at this point right?

I just figured out the coil pack this weekend. I need to solve the relationship of the throttle to the water manifold and finish the accessory drive. Then It'll make sense to bolt up the transmission, drop the assembly on the cradle and start on the wiring.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:30 am 

Thrilled to hear it run. The tuning will be your challenge but I don't think I know anyone better at this stuff so I look forward to a driving engine soon.
With the acting I have been doing on the back burner now, I should have time for some dune buggy engine building. I also have a very old Chevy 350 that I am bring back to put in my wifes truck. So I'll have to start a thread for that when I get going.
Good times on the way. Congratulations again.

Engine Machinist
Fabricator
Racecar Driver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:59 pm 

Wow :o :o . You made it run again. Super duper congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:41 am 

Congrats Mark- I think I was fooling around in your basement shop in 2009? Amazing to see your talent is only surpassed by your persistence!
Wow Mom Wow...

Cheers from Gulfport FLA- Erik

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:45 pm 

Ok so.....

Fuel pressure issue tracked down to a solid state relay, replaced with mechanical relay and problem solved

Wednesday I tried the cylinder MAP correction....it was outputting gibberish

Thursdays tired again,  no...its error doubling not error correcting

Friday, its running pretty good with the ecu auto matching mixtures.  I spent a little time on tuning so after I pull it and fix whatever is causing the rear bank to be running on oil rather the gasoline it should fire right back up so for those worried that this project was wrapping up....nope!

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFBhmTccRkE​[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:47 pm 

I was hoping the blue smoke in your previous start video was just assembly lube burning off

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 220  Next