gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 220  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 9:36 pm 

You know better than to use low resolution data...

https://crimeresearch.org/2017/04/numbe ... -1-murder/

I'd need to put in more time to find it again, but I've read an article that plotted crime or murders (maybe suicides?) per capita by county or precinct and noticed that the map strongly correlated to the populations that originally settled different areas of the country.

IE, some genetic heritages correlated with higher levels of violence.

For example, at this link (not the link I reference above), the maps of gun ownership and homicide differ significantly.

https://vividmaps.com/gun-homicides-per ... 2007-2016/

The point being that the snap judgement of "this is a gun problem" completely misses all the data about people.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 10:26 pm 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:
You know better than to use low resolution data

No, I think the issue is its unbiased data from a reputable source and not cherry picked and presented to tell a desired story....its just data Figures don't lie buy liars sure can figure kind of thing. The places with the most guns are where you find the most shootings, the places with the most cars the most car crashes, the most boats the most drownings. It just is what it is......but fast cars are still wonderful even if can only drive fast at the track, I still love waterskiing even though need a spotter and life jacket and still find shooting relaxing even if I need to keep the gun locked up when I'm not using it. Civilization requires rules to work....some of the oldest writing ever found was the laws of the day....it just is what it is.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 5:24 pm 

I've been lurking on this thread and on the grassroots thread before that died. I have a question:

Can we get back to talking about the FrankenFerrari?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:04 pm 

bda wrote:
I've been lurking on this thread and on the grassroots thread before that died. I have a question:

Can we get back to talking about the FrankenFerrari?

I apologize for missing your post and getting it approved, your post will go straight though now. Welcome.

The answer is nothing is happening on the car right now really. All the "other" gaskets are here (timing cover, cam covers, etc,) but waiting on head gaskets....another week or 2 I'm guessing. While I wait I tend watch too much tv leading me to bitch about mass shootings, the fucking Russians and to having to weeding/mulching/gardening which I was kind enough not to share :lol:

Back to the car soon, I still need to get the engine off the trans and the reseal the leaking cylinder.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:35 am 

If you make a landscaping thread, I'll follow it too. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:05 pm 

Syscrush wrote:
If you make a landscaping thread, I'll follow it too. :D

Mate, this thread is littered with outdoor projects. Have a browse, the pizza oven is a cracker!

John

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:27 pm 

Well luckily the head gaskets arrived today so now I have no excuses and a birthday next week on which I would very much like to drive my ferrari....best put down my rake and get back to wrenches.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:04 am 

So get on it. The adoring public wants to know. ;)

Engine Machinist
Fabricator
Racecar Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:37 am 

mk e wrote:
a birthday next week on which I would very much like to drive my ferrari....

For some reason this reminds me of something I saw a long time ago with Tracy Morgan.

"Did you ask him what he wants for his birthday?"
"No, he wants the same thing as every 12 year old - a crossbow and a Ferrari."

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:29 am 

I'll try but this a rough moment. There are still 4-5yards of mulch 1/2 blocking the bay so I can't roll the car out and a filler strip I need to install the kitchen i modified a few weeks back has arrived so no doubt there will be some pressure to get that done and the head gasket install procedure was was 4 days last time?

....realistically it will be 2-3 weeks before the next test run

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 220  Next