gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 220  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:30 pm 

I went back through the thread and can't find where or how this bearing issue came up.

Is this gonna be a big problem?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:47 pm 

Syscrush wrote:
I went back through the thread and can't find where or how this bearing issue came up.

Is this gonna be a big problem?

It popped up when I pulled the cylinder. The plan was pull it out then put it right back but the paint and bearing just didn't look good. I end up binge watching a pretty bad series called "The Boys" this weekend so I still have some stuff to pull apart and inspect but right now the bearing issue seems minor and the paint I still need to see another cylinder or to decide anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:23 am 

Everybody okay out there? Just checking in.

Engine Machinist
Fabricator
Racecar Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:48 am 

I was just about to post a short update. I went into the shop yesterday thinking I'd get back to it....then decided to drive to bestbuy and treat myself to a window AC unit. I kept thinking I was going to do a minislipt system but that day just never seems to come plus I have the pipes in the floor waiting to be connected for heat

-Anyway, the shop is now bearable.
-The basketball hoop is installed next to the driveway....I still need to paint some lines once the mulch pile is gone
-replanted some from hedges
-patio is mostly cleaned up for the first time in a couple years....the travertine stones are a little porous and get black so pressurewash and bleach every few years.
-tried to turn a cheap firepit into a large Beyblade stadium but the Beys fly out, that was a failure and means I'll need to try something else
-patio sofas repaired and at the powdercoter
-patio bench thing on the welding table for repair...it may need to go for powdercoat to depending 0pn the repair so I need to hurry.

I think that's it and I think once the bench is repaired I'll have car time again....although there is still a couple yards of mulch that needs to go somewhere and still a few patio and walkway stones that should be reset.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:26 am 

It seems the only way to get to the shop is across the finished patio and umbrella stands were not fit to return to the new looking patio. Being near the pool was causing them to crumble (they are cast concrete) so filler followed by 2 layers of fiberglass cloth yesterday. Now I need to get them smooth and painted. Then maybe to the engine.

I have to say though I've been loving the new compressor, the air tools actually work for as long as I care to use them. The cable on my electric die grinder broke and I was forced to pick on the air grinder......and now that I have a proper air supply it works faster and better than the electric for most jobs. win. Now off to sand fiberglass.

Attachments:
20220702_182912-resized-1024.jpg
20220702_182912-resized-1024.jpg [ 406.59 KiB | Viewed 3020 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:33 pm 

sanding didn't go well. 3 didn't look right....it rained a little last night and they had dots....because they were not hard. The 1st 3 I did before late lunch and it was hot and the resin kept hardening in the bowl so I kept using less and less hardener until I got a mix that gave me enough time. The other 3 after lunch, swimming and clouds rolling in but I mixed it up the same, still not hard this morning and a mess from the rain. I got it cleaned up with lacquer thinner, put more on, and moved into the sun...hopefully they harden up right not.

Then started sanding the others....handle broke off the sander. Off to harbor freight, got home pull out the sander to install the3 fitting...hmmm this is used :x Back to HF to exchange but no more, off to homedepot....now time to get cleaned up and off to a party. The good news is the 3 uncured appear to be changing color now so hopefully tomorrow I'm rolling again.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:55 am 

I hate working with fiberglass but the stand based got painted yesterday.

.....and I thought they were done. Too shiny. I bought satin because I had part of a can and assumed it was from last time but it was supposed to be matte, but the brand we always use has flat of satin so I'm a little stuck until I get additional guidance because there were way too manty buts in that sentence.

The only real car like progress is I use hylomar sealant for the first time on something unrelated and I'm pretty sure that is what should have been on the 0-rings on the cylinders. Hopefully this week I'll figure out what bearings I need and get on with it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:29 am 

Tried to repaint flat Saturday but rain kept rolling thought so Sunday morning everything got flat black....and Sunday afternoon everything got painted satin again, turns out it was more right the first time. So no car time but but that project is done other than carrying them back where they go....what a suck job.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:57 pm 

Getting an irritating job finally done and going on to other things is one of life's pleasures...

Many years ago, a buddy at work said "The great thing about banging your head against a brick wall is that it feels sooooo good when you finally get to stop."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:15 pm 

mk e wrote:

The only real car like progress is I use hylomar sealant for the first time on something unrelated and I'm pretty sure that is what should have been on the 0-rings on the cylinders. Hopefully this week I'll figure out what bearings I need and get on with it.

I assumed you knew about Hylomar and had decided not to use it for other reasons. It's used to augment the o-ring seals on the wet liners in Cadillac 4.1/4.5/4.9 engines. Those engines are completely uninspiring, so Hylomar should be the only thing yours shares with them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 220  Next