gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: V12 Lincoln build
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:14 am 

what does the type4 weight? 200?250? Something like that?

This will be a slow build for budget reasons....my comptroller is anything but on-board at the moment is not on board and starting assumes the ferrari is running and into its shakedown period. But I will be trying to keep an eye out for things I can use available locally...I need a body and trans before I can do any real chassis design I think but yes, I am planning some basic drawings at least.

The plan for the frame is that it will mostly be 1.0"OD x .028 wall and stupid light. What I call the main roll hoop will be heavier as I'm fond of my head, but not heavy enough to be called a roll hoop by any credible racing organization so still light. The rule with space frame design is opens are triangle (or fitted with shear plates), all points/node supported in 3 dimensions, and loads only applied at nodes. Its that last one that requires drawings be made....motor and suspension mount locations need to be known before any frame building can begin..mostly

The pic below is my 1st attempt at a space frame. I was ahead of the engine and suspension teams so I added rigid but heavier members that could tolerate a-arm mounts that were TBD. That bare frame was...31lbs? and like 4 lbs or that was due to not knowing the suspension mounts and heavy in general with me just being conservative. The version that was to replace this but wasn't built was 24lbs and but were fully compliant with the race safety rules. I'm expecting the bare frame for this project to be in the 50-80lb range depending how hard I decide to work at making it light.

Attachments:
20180203_205706.jpg
20180203_205706.jpg [ 185.23 KiB | Viewed 3096 times ]
 Profile Send private message