gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179 ... 221  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:55 pm 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:

Yeah, some people swap those into Fieros as well. That powertrain puts half the mass of the engine and almost the entire mass of the transmission behind the axle... in a tiny tin can like that Fiat, it probably wouldn't even think about keeping the front wheels on the ground.

correct

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:40 am 

Need a fat driver…

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:32 am 

I'm having a hard time processing how driving this thing feels. Its not done, I had not shifter gate so shifting was horrible, listening to every sound in terror I wasn't going to make it home, all the normal 1st drive stuff.....but then the feel of the car is just hard to describe. Its loud, the the engine itself, the exhaust, the whine to the drop gears I think it was so there is noise. Then there is the vibrations, also very different from what I remember of the original engine and the supercharged versions, this is very obviously a different engine.

I think though what I'm having trouble processing is the sounds, the vibrations, the acceleration, just so don't match the rpm, at least not for me having never driven a 12 cly car. I[ have 4 and 6 cyl cars these days. When I raced motorcycles they had this kind of acceleration and noise but they were 2 and 4 cyl so 3 or 6 times the rpm to get these kinds of vibrations. based on senses 2500-3000 just feels like its screaming, then I look at the tach and its not...but getting my throttle foot to listen to my brain is a challenge. At this moment I'm not sure I even comprehend 9000rpm yet but that was the shift point on my H-D and the never go below point on the Kawasaki.

Strange feeling driving this thing and perhaps a buddy got it best when he compared it to an amusement park ride...just that out of control thrill? I need more seat time to think about it but I'm pretty sure the gemellocattivo (evil twin) badge to replace the QV was the right call :lol:

Attachments:
gemellocattivo 1.JPG
gemellocattivo 1.JPG [ 17.42 KiB | Viewed 1785 times ]
2015-01-31 001.JPG
2015-01-31 001.JPG [ 49.97 KiB | Viewed 1785 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:32 pm 

I always felt the old Ferraris were like going 100 mph at standstill. Lots of noise vibration and once your off it just feels unsettled compared to modern stuff. Good thing is you feel fast without being so really, much cheaper & keeps you out of jail…

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:05 pm 

Amazing.

I have hope in my heart that running it a bit like this is going to unstick the valve or valves in 12 that are giving you grief.

The video was great, but your writeup about how it feels is what's really pressing my buttons. Love it.

As for the manual brakes - IMO if you can keep pad knockback under control, a car like this should have manual brakes. My motorcycle with me and my wife on it is about 1,000 lbs, and I brake with 1 or 2 fingers - it's really hard for me to understand why a car under 4,000 lbs where you brake with your foot/leg needs power brakes - other than comfort and the aforementioned pad knockback.

I really love that direct/immediate feel of manual brakes and think they're de rigeur on an ITB V12 Ferrari.

I love everything about the process and the product here. Congrats on making it this far and good luck on the next steps.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:14 pm 

Yeah. I'm told that stock these engine feel like the hand of god reaches down and pushes you along. :ugeek:

This is more like satin reaching up and hurling you...I could even smell the fires of hell burning the rubber off the tires :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:56 pm 

the guy a couple houses up always has something cool...today it became a really loud porsche GT3 so I did the neighborly thing and asked if it was running right as it sounded like 1/2 the cylinders where missing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:43 am 

Right now ZERO of my 6 O2 sensors are work so I just left it rich which helps with starting and idling. Its raining today so I'm going to try to get those senors working....and see if I can find the shifter gate.

I still have a way to go on cold starts and that takes quite a lot of time. Also I'm not sure if the way I set up the ECU up for this is a good idea or more trouble than its worth. This is the last mostly cold start, CLT was 30C

Attachment:
cold start.JPG
cold start.JPG [ 105.98 KiB | Viewed 1744 times ]

It cranks about 1 sec while I'm opening the throttle slowly which richens the cranking mixture then cylinders start to fire but it looks like I wasn't convinced they were all on so a throttle blip at 14 sec then it settle into idle at 16 sec

What I have is 3 tables. There is the main VE table and on the left it a 300 rpm column. This cranks at 150 so that the 70% is what is used until its running I was originally planning idle at 1000 and stall saver setting at 700, I need to move those. Also I wasn't expecting the 45kPa idle or quite sop linear a MAP so I have too many MAP rows up top and not enough down low. There is no limit to how many row or columns I can add to a table in this ECU but I like to be a bit strategic so I don't waste time tuning stuff that doesn't matter and need to move some stuff around. But for starting is the 1 row on the left.

Attachment:
Startup.JPG
Startup.JPG [ 304 KiB | Viewed 1744 times ]

Then the Coolant correction table. I have it setup with an RPM axis but haven't messed with that yet, just temp. Its a 70C t'stat so correction at 70/80 kind of needs to be by default. I'm still roughing this in and if I mess with the VE table then this is wrong again.

Last I added a start enrich table that is like a prime and adds fuel based on revolutions and coolant temp. Again I'm just starting to rough this in because before this can be setup up right the engine has to right at whatever temperature I'm trying to start it at. Its a slow process.

I'm also using spark timing for start and then idle which kind of buggered some of my earlier startup fuel settings. Same as the VE table, cranking is the 1 column on the left. It kicks back if I go above 10 degrees but then once it starts I need to pull the timing back or I can't get the rpm below 1800 or so. I need to add of resolution around idle but right now I start pulling timing at 2000 and below and hold ot steady around idle rpm which is the only way I've ever found to get a nice steady idle like in the video I posted.

Attachments:
Timing.JPG
Timing.JPG [ 142.91 KiB | Viewed 1744 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:14 pm 

Ha! The gate!

Attachments:
20221203_121232.jpg
20221203_121232.jpg [ 654.4 KiB | Viewed 1732 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:23 pm 

All you had to do was check Bucket of Junk #85762.
Not sure why that was a big deal. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179 ... 221  Next