gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156 ... 221  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:00 pm 

Is it possible that the 2 parts of the epoxy weren't thoroughly mixed?

Given that this went on like paint, I would guess that's basically impossible.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:28 am 

Anything is possible...it did harden enough to sand nicely, remember I put them in the lathe and sanded to the desired OD. For sure it wasn't gooy then but may it will dry even if it isn't mixed right.....or maybe Evan's coolant is the Devil :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:09 am 

As I believe the car is cursed I've been thinking about the coming solstice and a sacrifice to the Sun god Ru as a way to bring the light of success....goat, calf not sure. Yesterday I was in Lowes for concrete to install a b'ball hoop and ran into a former co-work who said he just finishing up a goat hut.

Me - Do you like all your goats? I'm thinking about sacrificing a goat in a couple weeks
Him Yeah, one is a little cranky and he does have big twisted horns, but you can't have him
Me - Well I could use him if you change your mind.

Him - leaves quickly

Maybe a sign from god that a sacrifice is not required? :) or a sign it won't help :o

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:16 am 

Happy Birthday, Mark!

In Iraq, I ran a resident office for the Army Corps of Engineers. We had a local contractor building a facility to accept Abrams tanks that the US was going to sell Iraq. They did the site work, put down the vapor barrier and set up the steel reinforcement cage. It was the middle of summer, so they had to pour concrete at night. We went out to observe pouring the first slab. They slaughtered a goat and let it bleed out on the vapor barrier, then poured the concrete over the blood. They took the goat's carcass back to the camp for breakfast and kept working.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:27 am 

This project may require a virgin to get back on track. Lot of demons to excise. You could try a goat but I am thinking not enough............ :(

I am kidding of course, please don't put me on a watch list. :o

Engine Machinist
Fabricator
Racecar Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:34 pm 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:
Happy Birthday, Mark!

In Iraq, I ran a resident office for the Army Corps of Engineers. We had a local contractor building a facility to accept Abrams tanks that the US was going to sell Iraq. They did the site work, put down the vapor barrier and set up the steel reinforcement cage. It was the middle of summer, so they had to pour concrete at night. We went out to observe pouring the first slab. They slaughtered a goat and let it bleed out on the vapor barrier, then poured the concrete over the blood. They took the goat's carcass back to the camp for breakfast and kept working.

That crazy! I might say it.....but they did it :o

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:40 pm 

mk e wrote:
As I believe the car is cursed I've been thinking about the coming solstice and a sacrifice to the Sun god Ru as a way to bring the light of success....goat, calf not sure.

Burn a 400i as a way to win the favor of the Ferrari gods.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:22 pm 

Syscrush wrote:
mk e wrote:
Burn a 400i as a way to win the favor of the Ferrari gods.

Or at least the "i" and maybe "A" bits of one....CIS and GM automatic trans have no place on a ferrari

This b'ball hoop has been kicking my but....rocks and more rock. 3 hard hours got me 2ft and a rock floor but the cncrete needs to be pourede before I can really touch the engine so hopefully tonight there will be a hole. I shot over to the t5ool rental place for a small jackhammer at lunch...they were closed today for team training

Cursed I say.

Attachments:
rocks.jpg
rocks.jpg [ 434.69 KiB | Viewed 2796 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:48 am 

Another thought about your epoxy:

I don't know if/how this would apply to a painted-on finish, but when I made molded fiberglass parts with epoxy resin, it had to have post-cure heat treatment for a certain amount of time at a certain amount of temperature to be stable up to some temperature. Specifically: if treated for 15h at 120-130F, it has an operational temp of 183F. If treated for 10h at 175F, it has an operational temp of 222F.

The resin in question was MGS epoxy. Info on it here: https://www.cstsales.com/mgs_epoxy.html

Even post-cure, temps that it wasn't ready for would cause it to become pliable, and it could even flow again from too much heat. I had made a tail-hugger rear fender for a motorcycle, and some local heating from the exhaust resulted in some drops of epoxy appearing on the swingarm.

It might be worth reviewing the data sheets for the epoxy you used to see if it needs heat treatment to stand up to the conditions in that engine, and also to double-check if it reacts to lacquer thinner and/or propylene glycol. PG is a raw material for some epoxies, but I've never heard of any kind of coolant attacking any kind of plastic or resin.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:31 am 

4 hours with the jackhammer got me to an honest 3ft, not 4 the instructions asked for but its about 2ft not 16in so I called it good and poured the concrete yesterday so now its 7 days before that can continue. Back to the car.

So far the bearing issue is just the 1 crank throw

Attachments:
20220612_100409-resized-1024.jpg
20220612_100409-resized-1024.jpg [ 277.87 KiB | Viewed 2671 times ]
20220612_100358-resized-1024.jpg
20220612_100358-resized-1024.jpg [ 270.9 KiB | Viewed 2671 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156 ... 221  Next