gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:33 am 

This is the only angle at which this works. Note that I have the first modified water manifold here, with the intact coolant lobe. This is the '04-'06 LH2 RWD NorthStar throttle. The lower left bolt hole on the throttle needs to rotate just enough to clear the counterbore for the bolt that holds the plate to the manifold.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:37 am 

mk e wrote:
TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:
I haven't seen any real dyno evaluations of different cams in NorthStars... Keeping in mind that it's a Cadillac, the reduced exhaust duration may have been to keep the exhaust quieter? OEMs have requirements other than just power and torque, as weird as that may seem to us.

Do you have flow numbers or can you hunt them up? if so we could get it into Dynomation and see what you're cam option might do father than guessing. Just looking at flow numbers alone can also be very helpful, the %exhaust it to the intake flow kind of tells to the relative durations to use on each....but DM give much better answers.

This is what I have:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170904220 ... d_Work.htm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:12 pm 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:

Stock 4.6 column?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:15 pm 

mk e wrote:
TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:

Stock 4.6 column?

Yeah, my heads are stock 4.6

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:17 am 

Ordered custom wires from Magnecor today. They're working up a quote and will get back to me.
The lower row of coils goes to the front bank with 45 degree boots at the coil. The upper row of coils loops around and goes to the rear bank with 90 degree boots. Hope that doesn't blow too many minds over there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:49 pm 

I never even knew custom was an option, I always buy a universal kit where you can cut to length and add the coil connector you need.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:18 pm 

You'd make your own bolts and cut paper gaskets out with scissors if you had the time. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:10 pm 

oh come one!

universal sets cheap and are in stock at most autoparts suppliers and finishing takes less than an hour usually, easy peasy. Or you could custom order and just hope they bless you with wires and they are correct ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:17 am 

mk e wrote:
oh come one!

universal sets cheap and are in stock at most autoparts suppliers and finishing takes less than an hour usually, easy peasy. Or you could custom order and just hope they bless you with wires and they are correct ;)

You'd make your own bolts and cut paper gaskets out with scissors if you had the time. ;)

I am surprised you didn't make your own wire. Twist the core, machine a mold, draw the core through and add a casing. Bam! Plug wire.

Engine Machinist
Fabricator
Racecar Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:11 pm 

mk e wrote:
oh come one!

Magnecor has the Northstar spark plug boots that seal to the valve covers. I had a set of their wires on the prior build when I still had the stock coil pack and they were fine. Since they have the right boots and shelf set of wires for the app... It should not be a heavy lift for them to install the LS coil terminals on the coil ends and adjust the lengths.

The forward bank wires get 45 degree boots at the coil end and the rear bank wires get 90 degree boots at the coil ends... I hope that doesn't blow any minds.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next