gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:59 pm 

TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:
Wow, those images ended up very large. How do I fix that?

Resize before you post, I use 1200 x1600

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:47 am 

mk e wrote:
TheDarkSideOfWill wrote:
Wow, those images ended up very large. How do I fix that?

Resize before you post, I use 1200 x1600

Most of the forums I post on have done to auto-resize. I guess I need to do it the old school way here. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:12 am 

Most are businesses that pay for software .....but yeah, the version I'm using is WAY out of date but I know it will take me a whole weekend to figure out how to update it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:19 pm 

mk e wrote:
Most are businesses that pay for software .....but yeah, the version I'm using is WAY out of date but I know it will take me a whole weekend to figure out how to update it

Imgur recently took a giant shit on their own formerly easy and quick way of resizing images post-upload, so I'm going to need to do it the old fashioned way.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:22 pm 

Ahh, the old days when all digital images were small and we dreamed of more......

Attachments:
more_pixels_more_volume.jpg
more_pixels_more_volume.jpg [ 47.57 KiB | Viewed 5269 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:07 pm 

I had a friend over to help and we moved the engine over to the QC lab for some follow up glamo(u)r photos and a "final" weight.

373 lbs including
    flywheel & clutch
  • waterpump
  • Accessory brackets
  • Throttle & MAF
  • Coil pack & plug wires

NOT included
    Exhaust manifolds
  • Alternator
  • AC compressor
  • Wiring harness

I won't be moving the engine again, but I'll get additional weights as I install more pieces and assemble the drivetrain. I'll get a "fighting weight" of the engine with the exhaust manifolds, accessories and all the mount brackets. I'll get one with the transmission and its brackets and intermediate shaft. Then I'll get a final one of the fully assembled cradle (probably with control arms because they're already installed).

Today I spent too much time futzing with the harness dressing on the front side of the engine, screwed something up and redid it twice... But now I'm satisfied with the result

And installed the cerakoted exhaust manifolds so that I can wire up the O2 sensors.

GDMF, IMGUR has become even more of a useless pile of shit than it was before they tried to improve it. All the links look like the photos are resized, but they are clearly... not.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:51 am 

right click, open image in new tab. Not idea but lets us see the pics and its looking good. Weight wise that seems quite good....what does the trans weight? Just trying to mentally compare to 308 setup weights.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:40 am 

mk e wrote:
right click, open image in new tab. Not idea but lets us see the pics and its looking good. Weight wise that seems quite good....what does the trans weight? Just trying to mentally compare to 308 setup weights.

The wrong wheel drive Getrag 5 speed that I have been and will be using for a while weighs about 85#. It's MUCH lighter than the 308's transmission. Of course, because it fits beside the engine, it's packaged very tightly and does not have beefy internals. The inner CV joint splines in the diff are particularly small and weak. I've broken one at a drag strip.

There's a 6 speed from the 2000's that's a popular swap--or as popular as swapping a rare transmission into a 35 year old car gets. That one weighs about 115# and has 27 spline inners, making it about as strong as a Dana 30 :lol: I'll be building a FrankenTrans out of a couple of those I have kicking around.

I don't think the engine/trans combo will come in under 500, but it won't over by a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:27 pm 

It sounds like a 6spd is in your future. That weights aren't bad at all. I think the 308 setup is over 650. I'm at 670 with no AC.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:18 am 

now that that the glamour shots are done, any chance that engine is going back in the car?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next