gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dinosaurus?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:33 am 

Very cool!

I never commented on the dino part value as I just have no idea at all so any words from me would be worhtless.

Seeing the dino model I know understand there was never any chance of talking you into a 308/328 conversion rather than 358 :P

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:07 am 

Gentlemen - as I hope you'll understand from the video link, I've been rather busy of late!

My plan is to film the Dino project every step of the way and regularly release the videos on a YouTube channel under the name 'TeknoTramp'. Sadly, I don't think the term works very well anywhere except here in the UK, where 'Tramp' means 'Hobo', and not some kind of slut (I strongly refute any reference to such behaviour before I got married in case my wife reads this). Anyway - it's a name that I've been called in the past, so it seemed appropriate to continue with it. In essence, it sums up my having an Engineering doctorate but not caring a damn what I look like when I'm throwing spanners around!

For those who're interested, here's the website: www.TeknoTramp.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:09 am 

mk e wrote:
Seeing the dino model I know understand there was never any chance of talking you into a 308/328 conversion rather than 358 :P

Ha, ha - how right you are! :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:34 am 

I just uploaded a short video showing the current status of the Aston - if you're interested, it can be seen here (I hope!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5__XPqD ... TeknoTramp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:01 am 

Any nibbles on the Aston or clips? You could get some pricing guidance for the the clips with a thread on ferrarichat or I could post one for you if you'd like. There must be a similar place for Astons?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:23 am 

mk e wrote:
Any nibbles on the Aston or clips? You could get some pricing guidance for the the clips with a thread on ferrarichat or I could post one for you if you'd like. There must be a similar place for Astons?

There have been no nibbles on the Aston or the clips thus far.

Regarding forums for Aston owners - I have yet to find one that is in any way comparable to FerrariChat. It would seem that while (some) Ferrari people like to get their hands dirty, very few Aston aficionados do!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:59 pm 

I think the most active fchat areas/threads are talking about shows, or what shop to use and such. But showing what you have just gets the word out. Ebay can be good advertising....set a stupid high reserve and let it run 10 days, then relist not that it will sell but people will see it and the word will spread in the community I'd think.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:55 am 

Have you watched Hudson Auto Films on YouTube? He is doing a reno on an early DBS with a ford V8 and has another rusty one for parts.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:46 am 

islerodreaming wrote:
Have you watched Hudson Auto Films on YouTube? He is doing a reno on an early DBS with a ford V8 and has another rusty one for parts.

Many thanks for the pointer - I'd never heard of him, so I'm going through his stuff now!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:32 pm 

By sort of coincidence I've got 2 friends talking about 360 powered 308s all of a sudden and one of them is actually building 1. The idea is 355 or 360 heads will fit on a 308 block....so 360 crank, rods, pistons, cylinders, head in/on a 308 block and its an honest 400hp. Cat Cams makes 355 cams if you use the 355 heads instead of 360 (not sure about 360 which has variable timing) which could add another 50+hp. Something to thing about.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next