gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Dinosaurus?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:10 am 

The Bosch system looks interesting, but as you say - expensive. As you say, the RusEFI is much more affordable, and the Proteus seems to be the model that would be most appropriate to my needs, but as it's intended for port injection, it'd need a host of other bits in order to run DI.

That video was most interesting - I've been stripping out most of the front end over the last few days in order to try and work out where a coolant leak is coming from. It's good to see that I'm not the only person who finds some of Maserati's design ideas 'less than helpful' when it comes to maintenance!

The outputs from the Audi trans are on the same plane as the stock diff, so shouldn't raise the engine at all.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:34 am 

Take a look here:
https://rusefi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1845

Andrey, the founder of rusEFI has a V12 DI BMW he's been running or trying to. I think there are a couple other DI cars they are messing with too. The way it works is interesting projects get support so you have a decent shot at getting help.....but the best path is still probably to map the CAN bus on a running, driving car and start trying to replace signals with an emulator then use that info to run you swap. That is only going to cost you a couple hundred $$, not counting the time of course. You can always fall back to a high price aftermarket ECU if everything it done and you just can't get the stock ECU to work.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:21 am 

Thanks for the interesting link - I'm now on page 4 - it's going to take me some time to read through it all!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11