gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:15 pm 

I got a note from Jim telling me they have the 4.9 stuff done and working pretty well......trying to get a copy now.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:28 pm 

mk e wrote:
I got a note from Jim telling me they have the 4.9 stuff done and working pretty well......trying to get a copy now.

Awesome!!!

Small update: still waiting for the ECU. Should arrive on Tuesday so I'll play with it on Wednesday. Fingers crossed it is not locked to specific application

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:55 pm 

Jim also said he's got a basic model running his car now and will making it available....he said he needs to pull everything together hopefully it's sooner than later but I do understand that a business never wants to roll out anything that may have problems and damage their reputation so will see what the time-line is.

Are you pretty much ready to install and test when the ECU arrives?

Worst case is you can't use the AEM model and are forced to skip that step....which is some ways I see as not such a bad thing. The point Jim was trying to make with me the other day is a pretty simple model will run an engine pretty well and he's right about that plus it forces you to do what you're supposed to do and tune the basic stuff first before jumping in to all the corrections and band-aids for this or that. In my model everything can be turned off or zeroed in some way....I'm trying to document how everything works right now but it's all pretty straight forward than than wall wetting which is always a bugger.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:43 pm 

Looks like shipment is delayed till Wednesday. I hate ground shipping from California.

Car is mostly ready to go. I had it on megasquirt, self tuned on e85. Made a lot of power - https://youtu.be/JqhqXt_a-wA

Right now I'm rewiring the whole car. I hope to finish during the holidays - just have to make the engine harness and finish fusebox.

I looked at your wall wetting guide and it was very informative! With guides like that I'll have no trouble at all

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:46 am 

As soon as you get itso you have the serial number go to the enginelab web site and register it. The word is they are nearly ready to launch a new secure server that will provide updates including stuff like the "demo" models. Make getting it registered your top priority.

I haven't seen the demo models yet and Jim says probably a couple more weeks until they are ready to release and they are basic, I assume more basic than what I have but spark is pretty much always pretty basic and complexity can be added to the fuel control as needed. Right now it's fuel, spark, idleso engines can run with more to come .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:29 pm 

Got the ECU! Pending registration on EngineLab.

The serial number is in teens, so I got an early model or they didn't make a lot of this model. Revision E.

Tomorrow I'm going to build a simple harness to connect to a 12V computer power supply so I can play around with it on my PC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:31 am 

Made a small harness to connect to a computer PSU. Flashed Infinity universal 708 firmware without a problem.

So I think I can get the car running on AEM firmware/model then switch to a custom model :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:07 am 

Great news! I was afraind the firmware wouldn't load. It serial number specific but I guess everybody gets access to the general version and they only lock you out of specail stuff.

Did you get a paper with a security code? That is the processor serial number. Mine is 239 which surprised Jim that a number that low was still new in the box.....the numbers could be random too so it might be old not low is the thing. No matter, you working :)

Mine took 1-2 days on the registration I think.

AEM is still using V96 frimware, EL is using V97 so there will be differences when you switch over. In the models a few names have changed and V96 uses usec/10 as the base time unit while V97 is msec so models for 1 need to be touched up to work on the other. That won't matter if you write your own stuff or use mine or what EL is going to be releasing but just loading AEM stuff into EL requires some work.

The version I have is still a beta, 97.8443 but little changed from 97.8431 on the download page....but I'm pretty sure my model loads and runs in 97.8431 with no issue.

I'm supposed to be getting a newer beta to test that is more changed with low level code changes to handle the injector non-linear region stuff that I fixed in the my model but AEM doesn't deal with at all (which is really why I wrote my own model to begin with). I think this will all be released when the basic model set is released, I'm still hearing a couple weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:40 pm 

EngineLab confirmed registration, but no firmware available.

My serial number is 33C, which is not much higher than yours.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:54 pm 

Probably in the next release.....they only add registered units.

I had a long chat with Jim today....he thinks a couple on weeks the model release. He also thinks i need to learn to work the scripting