gemellocattivo.com

Which means "Evil Twin". Lets see your projects where you change boring into fun or create the fun from scratch.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:00 am 

Funny you say that.
I was looking at the script sample today. I thought it was a better way to build a model since it allows to use source control for tracking changes. I was thinking of using it to build my Miata model and publish the scripts to GitHub

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:45 am 

In my defense the scripting features available now were not available when I started. There is a notes and note group feature being added too that can also be written though the script.

In a couple weeks when a model set is released the build script will also be released. At that point I want to adapt as much or the common model as possible so a big re-write for me but there is value in collaboration so probably worth the effort.

I struggle mentally with where Jim's headed a little bit. The scripting is now built out to where there is no need to actually use the build environment in EL console and when/if you do you while debugging you bugger your script. I had the buggered script problem last spring when I was working on the engine and fixing stuff....working......and a few hours later I realized I could no longer trust my submodels and so could not trust what even my simple script that just combines submodels builds or the notes/comments I write in the script. But it saves SOOO much time being able to change equation and function in the ECU on the fly compared to rewriting , compile, reload....its instant so knowing you can its nearly impossible to not do it.

My point is you kind of need to be committed to a build environment. The original idea was a visual interface and now it's reverted to a text interface....which begs the question why is it better than just working in C? The power of EL console is you can make changes on the fly so I think the answer is the visual interface needs to be upgrade so the script in build in it and unseen rather than in raw form on notepad or similar. Embrace and move forward rather than what looks a bit like a strategic retreat. I'll probably talk to Jim about this once the models are release as a next step.

Anyway, I got a notice last night that the FW function on the website is up and running....your FW may be there now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:19 pm 

I now have the draft engine model with the WB control model in it....hmmmm....I don't see any data in anything so not usable really without the data. I'll need to get that and asked when it can be shared.